Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Thank You"

Our house has an even female to male ratio for the first time in, well, since I don't know when. Regan and I stayed up late tonight playing Scrabble and eating ice cream. Such treasured moments. But, I told her we needed to go bed and she was excited because one of the advantages of Daddy being gone is being able to sleep with Mom! We cuddled in bed and she said, "Mom can we talk about my sister for a few minutes? I have some questions." So, I assured her she could always ask questions and we talked. I don't want to go into all the details of her questions, it was such a special, personal 45 minutes for the two of us. But among things we talked about were the wait, the process, travel trips, sharing a room, playing games that don't require the same language, painting nails, her name, etc. I did need to get up from bed due to ceaseless tears after our prayer time together. Regan quickly fell asleep, oblivious she had just taught me a life-changing lesson. Here was her prayer, in part:

"God, please help my sister have a good day today since she is just now getting up. Only You can help her know she has a family who loves her. Help her to also know it is a fun family. Oh and also, let her know she has a bed, a pillow, silly brothers, a Mom, a Dad, and a sister who all love her so much. And one thing I have been thinking about it is that I don't know if I said, 'thank you' today for giving us the money to adopt. Thanks for all our great friends who have helped us, for the fundraisers, and for the money mommy and daddy saved. But, we know you are the Ultimate Provider, so thank you. in Jesus Name, Amen."

Her heart to genuinely see God for who He is and for what He is capable of as well as what He has already done humbles me to my core. I'm just a weepy Momma tonight, overwhelmed with blessing. And to our Jehovah-Jirah, our Provider, we say, "Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment