Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not Surprised

Well, our house has been busy the past few days as Mark and I prepare to leave for Passion: Ft. Worth tomorrow. The weekend was full of laundry, packing, writing notes for all the childcare help, organizing thoughts/stuff/ more stuff. And, then Monday was a continuation of the busyness, except with one big difference: Our final home study visit!!!! We were thrilled to have our social worker here to meet our kids, see our home, and get to know us in our environment. We started our home study interviews on Thursday (my individual meeting), then Friday (our couple interview and Mark's individual), and then, finally, Monday's visit in our home. At the end of my visit on Thursday, our social worker asked me what states I have lived in since I turned 18. I simply answered, "North Carolina," she typed on her computer and then had me fill out a section of my back ground check for North Carolina. She was gonna complete the rest of the form. Mark did the same thing on Friday after noon (late afternoon, like 4 pm). Just before she left her office Monday to come to our house, the social worker said she walked by the fax machine as something was coming through. Then, she realized it was from North Carolina. She said, "I thought to myself, 'I must have omitted something and they need clarification.' Then I realized it was your completed back ground checks. I have never had back ground checks come back that fast." I had to smile and say, "I am not surprised. That is what we are praying for."
It's in the little things I am learning to see Him and learning to just say, "Not surprised." He is hearing, He is answering, He is making a way. We are so, so grateful and humbled.

Once our home study is typed up and completed by the social worker we will apply for the immigration approval, fingerprinting, etc. Thanks for journeying with us. We will keep you updated as things progress. You being with us along way has made it so much sweeter. It is one of the unexpected blessings for us, one no one could have prepared us for. Then, again, I think about how He has crafted us to be His body, His Plan A. When I think about that I have to shrug and say, "Not surprised." We love you.

1 comment: