Thursday, October 28, 2010

One of "Those" Days

Today, we welcomed a new niece into the family! She is a beautiful baby with a head full of brown hair, weighing in at a whopping 8lb, 4 oz! Today, we held her. Sweet Baby Brynley. Today Mark and I drove to the hospital alone and chatted about some adoption decisions. We even talked about needing to get a mattress for Regan's bottom bunk bed sometime. Today, God provided it when a friend asked if anyone needed a full mattress. Today.
Today, I came home to house full of women who were finishing up Bible Study while I had been at the hospital. I put the little boys down for a nap after lunch and I sat. Tearful. Today. I know God is already growing me so much through this journey. Today, I was reminded of being a spiritual orphan in need of a Rescuer. Today, I was reminded of the beauty of birth, life, relationships. In the quiet, I sat, grabbed my Bible as I tried to keep the tears from falling, thinking about what our daughter might be doing in Ethiopia, likely preparing for bed. More tears. Today I was reminded that she likely sleeps in a room with many other children, without her own pajamas, bed, or blanket. Today.
Then, I just let them fall... all those tears I have for her. Well, not all of them, but the ones for today. Today, God was so gentle to me through His word as I read. He reminded me of His tender mercies, His holding every tear in a bottle, His provisions, and His unique ability to renew our strength. Today, I read some verses in Isaiah about waiting on the Lord. Not on finances. Not on answers to questions. Not on our time. Not on paperwork. Only in waiting on the Lord can our strength be renewed. Today I needed that reminder.
Today, I want our daughter to know she is loved. Today I want her to feel full. Today I want her to be well. Just like baby Brynley, our little girl is such a gift. I have thought about her all day. Today is just one of "those" days.

No comments:

Post a Comment